1. It’s easier to enter (and easier to sell) than other hockey pools.
There’s no intimidation factor. Rookies compete equally with veterans, because you buy a ticket that has teams automatically picked for you.
• Each $20 ticket is good for 13 weeks – essentially 13 different contests. There are five weekly cash prizes, with a top prize of $250 each week.
• Each ticket has a unique new combination of 3 NHL teams for each of the 13 weeks your ticket is valid. For example, if in Week 1 your ticket shows a 3-team combination of the Montreal Canadians, Anaheim Ducks and Vancouver Canucks, and the total goals scored by those teams is among the top five among entries, you win a cash prize.
• If you don’t win in Week 1, you get new teams for the next week, and the next. A fresh set of teams for all 13 weeks.
2. Even if you’re not a big fan of hockey pools, these tickets are easy to sell.
Start by buying a ticket or two yourself, then work your inner circle to sell more. The cool thing is that it’s good for 13 weeks, and everyone who enters can follow the official online standings to see how their three-team entry is doing each week.
3. Cash is collected for entries. Winners are mailed a cheque as soon as they win.
Collect cash for each entry and give the detachable entry segment (Name, address, phone and email) to your team manager. Winners will be mailed a cheque as soon as they win one of the following weekly prizes:
• 1st prize $250
• 2nd prize $125
• 3rd prize $75
• 4th prize $40
• 5th prize $25
4. Tickets will be distributed by your team managers, and there will be a deadline for entry and payment.
Each family registered in VMHA will be responsible to do their part and sell as many tickets as possible, with each manager given a quantity of tickets your team is expected to sell. Tickets will be distributed the week of November 28, 2016 and the sales deadline is January 5, 2017.
5. Sell the most tickets, get next season’s registration fees waived.
Those families who go above and beyond in their efforts to support the cause will have an opportunity to win some fantastic prizes. All families who sell at least 15 tickets will be in the “scoring race”, with the top three sellers winning:
• 1st Prize - 2017/18 VMHA registration fee waived (does not include Rep-related fees or other team fees)
• 2nd Prize - $750 gift certificate for hockey gear.
• 3rd Prize - $250 gift certificate for hockey gear.
6. There’s a prize for the team who sells the most, too.
We also have a Top Team Sales Challenge as well, and all VMHA teams qualify. The team selling the most tickets gets an all-expenses-paid Parents vs. Kids hockey game, including ice rental, team party and catered lunch. Prize value is over $500.