Covid-19 Protocols - January 12, 2022
Note that these are subject to change at any time. Direction from facility staff MUST be adhered to even if they differ from what is listed below.
Vancouver Parks Board (Britannia, Trout Lake, Killarney) and PNE Agrodome
Dressing Room/Building Access:
- Access to dressing rooms are 30 minutes before games and practices. We recommend players arrive partially or fully dressed to reduce the amount of time in the dressing room.
- All dryland warm-up activities must occur outside, not inside the rink.
- For the Agrodome All groups should ENTER and EXIT through the NORTH DOORS of the building.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times, for ALL people 5 years of age or older. Exception is players on the of play.
- Coaches are required to wear a mask when on the bench. Coaches are required to have a mask in their pocket during practices should they need to assist an injured player or speak in close proximity to any other coach or player. Coaches may also choose to wear a mask while on the ice.
Proof of Vaccination - Players
- Players in all age divisions (U6 through U21), are exempt from providing Proof of Vaccination and an ID.
Proof of Vaccination - Team Officials
All team officials: Coaches, Managers and HCSPs MUST be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination.
- Parent bench staff can upload a copy of their BC Vaccine Card into the ePACT of their player. Do not create a new profile – it must be the player’s profile.
- Non-parent bench staff will be added to ePACT and will be required to upload their BC Vaccine Card into their own ePACT profile.
- Documents must be renamed prior to uploading with the following naming convention first name_last name_ QR Code. Click here for instructions
- Team managers and HCSPs with access to ePact must confirm that this step is completed before team officials are permitted into any public facility. Once verified, it is valid for the remainder of the season.
Proof of Vaccination - Spectators
- As there is no longer an exemption for gatherings less than 50 spectators, ALL spectators, 12 years of age or older, must provide proof of full vaccination to the team manager/HCSP.
- For family members and other recurring spectators, this can be done in one of two ways:
- Upload their BC Vaccine Card to their player’s ePact profile. Do not create a new profile- it must be the player’s profile. If you have more than one player at VMHA, this procedure will need to be done for each player.
- Documents must be renamed prior to uploading with the following naming convention first name_last name_ QR Code Click here for instructions.
- Have the team manager/HCSP verify the BC Vaccine Card in person. Anyone 19 or older must also present a government issued photo identification.
- Once an individual has been verified, it is valid for the remainder of the season. A list should be kept by the team manager/HCSPs to ensure they have an accurate record of who is permitted in the facility.
- For infrequent guests, parents must inform the team manager/HCSPs in advance. Guest’s proof of vaccinations can be uploaded to the player’s ePACT profile (as above) for verification by the team manager/HCSP, or identification and proof of vaccination can be provided in person, prior to entering the facility.
If scanning the BC Vaccine Card, team managers/HCSPs must not scan the QR code on a vaccine card with any tool other than the BC Vaccine Card Verifier App
Requirements for Visiting Teams
- All visiting team managers are required to complete VMHA Visiting Team Vaccine Pre-Check Form in advance of the game, confirming they will ensure all team staff and spectators attending the event are fully vaccinated as per the current PHO mandate.
- A separate form is required for each VMHA team you will play so the team has a record.
- If a visiting team does not complete this form in advance of the game, they will not be permitted to have any spectators in the building. We will trust that MHAs will only allow team staff who are fully vaccinated to be with the team so no physical check will be conducted if a form is not received.
VMHA Training Centre (TC)
- Participants in all age divisions are exempt from providing Proof of Vaccination and an ID.
- All team officials: Coaches, Managers, HCSPs and instructors MUST be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination.
- Masks to be worn by all, except those engaged on field of play i.e. the gym and rink
- Only ONE spectator per participant. Please note, depending on the training regimen determined by LGS trainers and instructors, spectators may be required to leave to free up space for training purposes.
- Spectators, 12 years of age or older, must provide proof of full vaccination to the team manager/HCSP.
Scotia Barn (Canlan)
- Proof of full vaccination is required to enter the facility and you must have at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. This requirement applies to ALL people born in 2009 or earlier (12+), including Coaches, Managers, HCSP, Referees and spectators 12+.
- The only exception to this is for youth 21 years of age and younger participating on the field of play
- Scotia Barn staff will be checking BC Vaccine Passports at the door and will direct people to the rink or spectator areas.
- Masks are required to be worn in the facility, except on the field of play, for ALL people 5 years of age or older.
Team managers will be responsible for messaging visiting teams on our current vaccine passport protocols. Teams visiting facilities other than Vancouver Parks Board facilities and Scotia Barn, should confirm the facilities rules before visiting.