|Vancouver Minor Hockey will be offering a Junior Coaching Program to 10 VMHA players aged 16 and over the upcoming season.
The purpose of the program is to:
- Help our midget and juvenile VMHA players achieve their NCCP Coach Level 2 certification over the course of the season
- Provide an opportunity for Junior Coaches to practice their coaching skills with a VMHA team during practices and games
- Satisfy their Community Service Requirement for secondary school graduation
- And to be considered for a coaching position with VMHA in the future.
Structure of program:
- Junior coaches will attend the VMHA NCCP Level 2 certification in the Fall and will also complete Respect in Sport and Concussion Awareness Training Tool
- The junior coaches will then be assigned to a VMHA team where they will be mentored by our parent coaches and assist with practices and games.
- Junior coaches will be expected to attend three evening meetings during the season to meet as a group and discuss their progress with the course work, their experience with their teams, and ask any questions they may have of our mentor coaches present at the meeting.
- Upon completion of their course work and season, we will announce their accomplishment on our VMHA website.
- Junior Coaches, as on-ice coaches, must wear their helmet with a cage, neck guard, gloves, and track suit.
How to apply:
Send the following information via email to our Coach Coordinator, Kevin Kimura at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications for Junior Coaches must be submitted by October 1st.
- First and Last Name
- Division and Team on which you are currently playing
- A couple of paragraphs to let us know: why you want to be a Junior Coach and how you feel you could be an effective coach on a team.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact Kevin Kimura email@example.com