At VMHA, we believe that no child should be unable to play due to financial restraints and that no family should suffer financial hardship in order for their child to play.
For those who could use some help in covering the costs of hockey registration fees ,there are agencies that offer grants for hockey registration. Please note that most grants are only available for basic registration fees. Volunteer fee, jersey deposit, fees for skills camps, ‘A’ team tryouts, additional team fees, and equipment costs, may not be covered by grants.
Effective for the 2019/2020 season and later, there are two scenarios for families receiving financial assistance to secure a spot on a team.
Preferred scenario for families receiving financial assistance in order:
1) Family applies for funding (in January and February or at the earliest allowed by the 3rd party organization) and notifies VMHA registrar
2) VMHA receives funds and deposits into VMHA bank account from organization(s)
2a) If a family does not receive full funding from 3rd party organizations they are highly encouraged to apply to VMHA Hockey Access Fund
3) Family registers online paying a discounted or no registration fee based on funding received, at which point a spot is secured
Alternative scenario for families receiving financial assistance in order:
1) Family registers online using credit card and pays in full or installments, at which point a spot is secured
2) Family applies for funding and notifies VMHA registrar
3) Family issued refund(s) once VMHA receives funds from organization(s) and deposits into VMHA bank account
3a) If a family does not receive full funding from 3rd party organizations they are highly encouraged to apply to VMHA Hockey Access Fund