What do I need to do as the HCSP/Manager/Coach when a player is unable to continue in a game or practice due to injury?
(1) Complete the on-line injury reporting log
(2) If an injury requires medical referral and/or hospitalization:
- Advise the parents to have a Return to Play form completed by a medical professional
- For Concussions this will need to be completed by a Medical Doctor
- Complete and submit a Hockey Canada Injury Report.
- Advise the parents of their options to have the Hockey Canada Injury Report signed and then submitted, as an additional source of health insurance.
(3) The HCSP/Coach is required to “close the loop” with the family. Have the Return to Play form uploaded to the child's ePACT account. Concussion Return to Play protocols must be followed.
- Injury Reporting Log
- Return to Play form
- Hockey Canada Injury Report Form
- Concussion Return to Play Protocols