Ice Guidelines for Coaches and Managers
Regular Season Practices and Games
- All regular season practices will be entered into Teamsnap at the Association level by the Ice Allocator.
- Team are NOT to delete/edit any scheduled ice times or events that have been entered at the Association level by the Ice Allocator.
- Teams are responsible for entering their own games.
Emails to the Ice Allocator
- This is how communications should appear.
- In the subject line, please identify your team and what are you requesting i.e. Conflict, ice return, etc)
U13 C1 - Conflict Game # U13Q0000
- In your signature, please include your name, title, and team
Non-rostered Parents on the Ice
- Due to Insurance rules, ONLY rostered team officials and players (with BC Hockey) are ever allowed on our Permitted ice at any time.
- If the parent is not listed on your Teamsnap roster, they are not permitted on the ice. Managers and HCSPs are not on ice positions.
- If you are not using your ice or if you have a conflict, give it back to the Ice Allocator ASAP. The expectation is if you cannot use your ice, it comes back to association to be handed out to another team.
- Check your schedule regularly to see if you need to cancel an early morning practice because you have a league or tournament game scheduled later that day.
Game Schedules in Spordle
- Schedules as they appear in Spordle are the gospel.
- Coaches & team Managers should be confirming their team’s schedule in Spordle on a regular basis and advising me of any errors or changes to be made ASAP.
- Teams that “no show” because the information they are getting from TeamSnap is incorrect or inaccurate will be fined $500.
- Rink locations/addresses in Teamsnap are taken from the PCAHA website. If you see any errors in Teamsnap let the Ice Allocator know.
- If you do not see a rink location in Teamsnap, DO NOT add it. Email email@example.com so it can be added as an association wide location.
Conflict Game Ice
- Please provide the Ice Allocator with all the information for that conflict game i.e. game number, date, time, and rink.
- A separte email is required for each conflict game ice request.
- Subject line should include the game number
- You will give back that home game ice and another game ice will be provided.
- The Ice Allocator will give you a sheet of ice that works for both teams according to the schedules in Spordle. You do not have a choice as to whether you take it or not. An exception is if the teams are in a tournament, and I cannot see it on Spordle.
- You may have to play 2 games in one day. The rule in the league is to allow 3 hours from the end of one game to the beginning of the next game.
- You will need to confirm with the other team and then confirm with me ASAP.
- The turnaround for this is 48 hours to get back to the Ice Allocator.
- An email will go out each week with extra ice that is available.
- Requests to swap one ice time for another will not be considered.
- Carefully look at the times to see whether it is a morning (am) or afternoon/evening (pm) sheet.
- Priority will go to teams who have not picked up extra ice recently but if no one else wants it, it is yours.
- Do not assume that the ice is yours until confirmation is received from the Ice Allocator and it has been added to your schedule in Teamsnap.
No Ice Days
- Throughout the season, there will be specific times when our facility partners do not have ice available for VMHA your schedules will be adjusted in Teamsnap accordingly. You will not be given make up ice for missed practice ice due to a facility closure. Teams can pick up ice from the extra ice emails.