VMHA is searching for a Director of Hockey!
This is a paid Administrative & Operational position under the direction of the VMHA Board
Interested candidates are invited to submit resumes to the email address listed below
VMHA Director of Hockey
Apply to: Ryan Crago, Coach@vmha.com
Deadline: Monday April 30, 2018
Vancouver Minor Hockey (VMHA) is now accepting applications for the Director of Hockey position (DoH). This position is to be largely a planning role, setting forth long term and seasonal goals and objectives for VMHA, while overseeing and assisting in their implementation. This includes the facilitation and delivery of player development programs, as necessary, with the assistance from internal and external coaching resources.
The roles and responsibilities of the Director of Hockey include but are not limited to the following:
Director of Hockey Primary Responsibilities:
- Lead creation of long term vision and objectives for VMHA, working closely with Board of Directors and Membership
- Creation of cohesive Initiation Player (Tyke/Novice) Development Plan including facilitation of delivery.
- Creation of player development programs for Atom onwards at both “A” and “C” levels. Includes facilitation of program delivery.
- Assist VMHA with Rep Hockey tryouts and player evaluation.
- Provide input on revising VMHA Rep Hockey Policy
- Creation and Review of Seasonal plans for VMHA teams, working with Volunteer and Rep Coaches.
- Coach Development and Mentorship – providing support and development opportunities to Volunteer and Rep coaches
- Assist with Coach recruitment
- Assist in evaluation of coaches/player experience in order to provide best possible environment for VMHA members to learn hockey, as well as have positive social and athletic experiences.
- Facilitating and delivery of Player Development plans, using 3rd party instructors as necessary.
- Exploration of Community Partnerships and local stakeholders to further VMHA as a good citizen, as well as further optimize ice utilization and ultimately, player participation.
- Approximately 600 hours in winter season, and 200 hours out through Spring/Summer. The nature of this work requires flexible working hours.
- Work closely with Coach Coordinator and Ice Allocator
- Reporting requirements to Coach Coordinator and to Board of Directors (attendance at meetings)
- Liaise as required with local associations, as well as PCAHA & BC Hockey
- Ongoing personal and professional development, supported by VMHA.
Commensurate with experience.
Please submit Letter of Interest, CV and salary expectations to email@example.com prior to Monday April 30th, 2018. Interviews for this position to take place in early May, 2018.