Interested in coaching?
For those interested in coaching and mentoring the stars of tomorrow, or just helping ensure kids are getting the most out of the game, we have an opportunity for you.Your leadership and commitment in helping the players of Vancouver Minor Hockey is much appreciated. If you're interested in coaching here's the steps to becoming a VMHA Coach:
- Complete the Team Level Volunteer Registration
- Fill out a Coaching Application and submit it to our Coaching Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Submit a Criminal Record Check
- Complete the Respect in Sport
- Complete the Concussion Awareness Toolkit
- Coaching Qualification- please see National Coaching Certification Program NCCP) team requirements and BC Hockey Coaching Clinics. When you have completed your program, please contact our Coach Co-ordinator for reimbursement.
A Collection Of Practice Plans And Concussions Information
There's a lot of fantastic information out there to help coaches get the most out of their time with their teams. The results of ongoing research into hockey development, training methods and medical issues are now readily available.
Please take the time to understand, and use, the relevant information below. It's key to ensuring our kids get the best, safest experience at VMHA:
- H1/H2 Development Plan
- H2-4 Development Plan
- H3/H4 Practice Plan H3/H4 Practice Plan #2
- H3/H4 Team Practice
- Atom-Midget Development Plan
- Atom-Midget Practice Plan
- Association Systems (Atom-Midget)
- Initiation Intro Initiation Phase 1 Initiation Phase 2
- Initiation Phase 3 Initiation Phase 4
Research On Concussions & Concussion-Like Symptoms
The information below is by no means a replacement for medical advice or diagnosis, nor does it suggest that any of the players whose names or images were presented in the videos had cases that were mishandled in any way. It's simply meant to provide additional potential causes of symptoms so players are aware of what other injuries they may need to get checked out by a medical professional.