Update: This position has been filled. Thanks for your interest!
VMHA has an opening for a Paid Administrator Position starting in May 2018
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30th, 2018
VMHA Administrator Position Posting – April 2018
Vancouver Minor Hockey Association is hiring a paid Administrator whom will be primarily focused on registration duties, but may include other administrative duties as the Board of Directors feels necessary.The position is based on a one year contractual commitment. Qualified candidates will be short -listed and interviewed by the hiring committee. From these interviews, a permanent contract selection will be made. The paid administrator will report directly to the Registrar board member and President. While the position will require an average of 15 hours per week, this requirement may fluctuate due to the peaks and valleys of the seasonal workflow throughout the year and/or any changes in scope of the position as determined by the Board.
- Accurate and timely processing of season and clinic registration
- Registration of players, team officials and teams within the Association, including ensuring that registration functions are conducted in accordance with the rules of the governing hockey bodies, Hockey Canada (National), BC Hockey (Provincial), and Pacific Coast Amateur Hockey Association (District), as well as the regulations and policies of the Association itself.
- Responding to registration inquiries and supporting families in the registration process
- Generating registration reports and team rosters
- Reconciling registration payments, refunds and adjustments in conjunction with Treasurer and Accountant
- Submitting monthly timesheets, including summary of duties performed
- Other administrative duties as determined by the Board
- Experience as a Registrar in a minor hockey association as an asset
- Experience working with and designing TeamSnap or similar registration forms
- Experience working with Hockey Canada Registry
- Proficient using MS word, Excel, Adobe PDF, Gmail and TeamDrive
- Ability to effectively prioritize, work with a sense of urgency, and organize work flow to ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Those applicants deemed most qualified by the hiring committee will be contacted for an interview.