GREAT GIFTS FOR THE HOCKEY HOUSEHOLD
Drop in to the Agrodome on Saturday, December 7 from 9am to 3pm to pick up some VMHA merch for your hockey lovers. Marilyn from RealHip Clothing will be onsite offering 10 percent off all stock items. Fan favourites include the East Vancouver logo’d hoodies, hats and t’s and the fun new Hockey Mom line up of puffer jackets, red hoodies and arena blankies. Hint hint.
*items for sale will depend on Dec 7 availability
CAUTION: PARKING AT KILLARNEY COMMUNITY CENTRE
With the dark, wet weather comes additional hazards in getting to and from the rink. Particular caution is required at Killarney. Please take note of the rules:
- DO NOT double park to drop your children off.
- DO NOT park in the handicap zone
- DO NOT park in the east / west “no parking” area – it’s for emergency vehicles only.
- Vancouver has a NO IDLING BYLAW – please respect for a cleaner environment for all our young people.
- Parking changes will be happening in the parking lot soon (signage and new parking regulations)
BROKEN STICKS? GET CRAFTY THIS CHRISTMAS
You’ve still got time to make a great gift for your hockey fan with a just-right gift. Consider repurposing some of that used hockey gear to create one-of-a-kind hockey themed furniture. Seriously, this “game of thrones” style hockey stick chair is everything. Click here for more ideas and how to’s.
Sidney Crosby has made uniform No. 87 famous … because he was born on 8-7-87! While he’s not the only NHL player to wear it. Donald Brashear (2001-10), Pierre Turgeon (2005-07), David Musil (2014-15) and Liam O’Brien (2014-17) have also worn No. 87, it is safe to say Crosby has lifted 87 to new levels.
Nominate a VMHA community member to be featured weekly by emailing photo and filling out a form here: Nomination Form